Gin is a spirit drink that comes from juniper. For mixologists, this liquor is highly appreciated, since it changes during the artisan distillation process to which it is subjected, acquiring a shape that allows it to melt with the botanical essential oils that are added to it (it transforms into vapor momentarily) so that When they return to their original (liquid) form, these oils become part of the liquor and provide it with many of its organoleptic characteristics (smell and taste). Thus, depending on the oils added, each gin will have its own personality. For this and for many other qualities (even medicinal), this liquor is very versatile and ideal for any event: as an accompaniment to main dishes, as an aperitif or digestive (before or after meals), among many others.
Knowing all this, in RecetaGratis we could not ignore preparing a top of the best easy gin drink recipes so you can prepare them at home whenever you want, and who knows, maybe you will create your own cocktail! Of course, we highlight that the amount of gin can be adjusted to the personal tastes of each one. Read on and enjoy from the most iconic gin drinks to the most innovative and original cocktails.
Classic gin and tonic
Although this renowned gin cocktail is very simple to prepare and requires only two essential ingredients, gin and tonic, it has its tricks to be an exceptional drink. To make an ideal gin and tonic you need to use quality products (the best gins, tonic waters and complementary products), measure accurately, add a single spice (juniper, cardamom, star anise, cinnamon, licorice, orange blossom, ginger … .), use the ingredients and utensils very cold and give the mixture a citrus touch.
The ideal measure to make a provided gin and tonic is the following: one fifth of the glass of gin and the remaining four parts of tonic. That said, the steps to follow are:
- Place 2 ice cubes in a glass or a glass for gin and tonic. If the ice cubes are small, add some more.
- Pour into the glass or cup 30 ml of gin (Seagram’s, Bombay Zaphire, the Botanicals, Martin Miller or Tanqueray Ten preferable) and a pinch of angostura.
- Complete with 90 ml tonic or aguaquina. Preferably Nordic Mist Blue for its pleasant flavor and striking blue color.
- Garnish with 1 mint leaf and 1 cherry, a lemon, cucumber or orange slice.
Remember that you can modify the fruit and prepare this drink with gin to your liking.
Another of the most famous gin cocktails is the legendary Tom Collins. Some say it was created in London and others in New York during the 19th century. In any case, it is a delicious and refreshing drink, ideal for meetings with friends. Preparing it is too simple, it requires only 4 ingredients and these steps:
- Pour the 100 ml lemon juice in a glass, 1 tbsp sugar or syrup Y 50 ml gin. Stir until the sugar is diluted.
- Add 100 ml of soda slowly so that the gas does not escape.
- Add 3 or 4 ice cubes.
- Garnish with 1 lemon wedge.
Advice: Preferably use special measuring glasses for drinks.
This gin shot is said to represent the mild version of the popular Corpse Reviver # 2 cocktail due to the combination of ingredients it contains. The original is prepared with cognac, while this version features gin. To make this drink known, also, as a white lady, follow these steps:
- Put all the ingredients in a shaker: 40 ml gin (can be Tanqueray, Beefeater, Gordon´s, Handrick´s, Larios, etc.), 30 ml of Cointreau, 20 ml of lemon juice (also serves triple sec) and 3 ice.
- Shake hard.
- Serve in a glass or goblet.
Advice: For a good cocktail, always choose quality gin.
Travel to Sicily with your palate! Treat yourself to an aristocratic cocktail, the favorite of the famous Count Negroni, to whom it owes its name. Legend has it that this drink stimulated the Count’s good spirits, as well as his great sense of humor. The negroni is a cocktail that is distinguished by giving the gin a light shade of Mediterranean aromatic spices, thanks to its red vermouth content (whose flavor is also sweet).
Follow these steps to make this gin drink:
- Mix the following ingredients in a shaker: 30 ml of gin (Hendrick’s or Bombay Shapphire), 15 ml of Campari, 15 ml Aperol Y 20 ml of red vermouth (preferably Martini Rosso).
- Serve in a tall glass with enough ice.
- You can decorate the cocktail with an orange slice.
Strawberry gin and tonic
If you love gin and fruit drinks, you will love this version of the traditional gin and tonic, since strawberries provide that fruity touch that looks great on gin. The gin tonic is a cocktail that allows you to be creative, which is why there are so many good reinterpretations: gin tonic with orange and tarragon, gin and tonic with cucumber, gin tonic with red fruits, gin tonic with rose water and petals, gin and tonic with mango , etc. Do you dare to create yours? Follow these steps:
- Deposit in a glass a handful of strawberries, cut into slices.
- Put in several ice cubes.
- Add 10 ml of ginthere are a few drops of lemon. For a stronger drink, add more gin.
- Fill with tonic (1 can) slowly, so the gas will not escape.
- Garnish with a strawberry skewered on a toothpick.
To give this drink a sweeter touch, you can use a type of gin made with fruits, such as Puerto de Indias, which is made from strawberry. Don’t miss the step-by-step recipe for Strawberry Gin and Tonic.
The French 75 was born in Paris in 1915, at Bar Henry’s New York, and owes its name to the M 1897 75 mm field gun, used by the French militia during the First World War. However, during that time it was still known as Cocktail 75 and contained calvados instead of champagne.
Rest assured that if you try this cocktail you will enjoy a classic with a lot of history, as well as an easy drink to prepare and very light to taste. A cocktail that you will always want to repeat!
- Fill a shaker or shaker glass with ice, until occupying 2/3 of its capacity.
- Add 40 ml gin Y 20 ml lemon juice. Shake or stir vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain the mixture in a glass.
- Fill with 100 ml of champagne, adding it very slowly.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and icing.
Long island ice tea
This is one of the strongest gin cocktails out there. The famous Long Island Iced Tea contains a blend of various liqueurs, yet the gin is essential to the identity of the drink. A very refreshing cocktail! Take note of the steps:
- First incorporate the 4 ice cubes in a shaker.
- Pour the liquors: 15 ml vodka, 15 ml of Cointreau, 15 ml gin, 15 ml white tequila Y 15 ml white rum.
- Also, add 25 ml of lemon juice Y 30 ml of sugar syrup.
- Shake the shaker vigorously.
- Add the mixture to a tall glass.
- Add a squirt of Coca-Cola and stir very well with the help of an imperial spoon (or a common one).
- Serve and garnish with a lemon wedge.
This renowned drink is distinguished by its history, since it is considered one of the first to use cream among its ingredients and, additionally, nutmeg. Although its exact origin is uncertain (as is the case with most cocktails), a widely applauded theory says that the Alexander cocktail was inspired by a fictional female character, created for an advertisement in 1929, who was characterized by wearing suits white.
Follow the step by step to try this incredible gin drink:
- Incorporates 3 ice in a shaker.
- Add 25 ml of gin, 25 ml cocoa cream Y 25 ml milk cream.
- Shake the shaker vigorously until you check that the contents are cold and well mixed.
- Serve in a martini glass, but do not add the ice from the shaker.
- Sprinkle 1 pinch of nutmeg to decorate the cocktail.
Advice: If you don’t have a shaker, use a thermos or any container to hold drinks with a lid.
This cocktail is known as an interpretation of the iconic Dry Martini, which is considered by mixologists to be the martini among martinis. The Gin Martini is a strong drink that allows you to taste the full intensity of the gin. So, if you are looking for easy, quick and delicious gin cocktails, this is the one for you! The step by step is:
- Put ice in a shaker.
- Add 50 ml gin (for example London # 3) and 10 ml dry white vermouth.
- Serve in a martini glass.
- To decorate, you can use onepitted ceitunas and / or a lemon wedge.
Without a doubt, this is one of the most popular gin drinks in Spain. Valencia water was born in 1959 in the Madrid brewery in Valencia (Spain), but it became popular during the 70s. Although the true protagonist of this cocktail is champagne, gin is essential to define the taste of the drink. For an exceptional Valencia water you should select seasonal oranges (if they are from the Valencian garden better), avoid using orange liqueur (similar to Cointreau) as a replacement for oranges, choose quality liqueurs and add sugar only optionally (if you feel like it a sweeter taste). Follow the step by step:
- Mix in a shaker the juice of 1 orange with 20 g white sugar (optional), ½ glass of gin Y ½ glass of vodka. Shake the mixture very well, since the sugar should be well dissolved.
- Incorporate the mixture into a jug, previously adding 3 ice.
- Pour the 350 ml of champagne slowly.
- Serve and garnish with an orange slice.
Corpse Reviver # 2
A revival cocktail? Yes, this drink earns its name for its ingredients, which revive those who drink it. This is one of the classic gin cocktails, of a lifetime, that cannot be missing from your list of prepared drinks. There are two types of Corpse Reviver, Corpse Reviver # 1 and Corpse Reviver # 2. On this occasion, we are going to prepare No. 2, which is the one that contains gin. So, if you have had a lot of work during the day and you want to relax, this drink will surely come in handy, since it is a mixture capable of reviving any party. Follow the step by step:
- Mix in a shaker 20 ml of gin, Cointreau 20, Lillet 20, 20 lemon juice and a pinch of absinthe. Shake very well.
- Serve in a glass or glass with 3 ice cubes.
Gin tea with limoncello
Let’s toast to an hour of …