The prickly pear is a fruit of the nopal from Las Tunas, from which a great variety of tones and flavors can be obtained. Mexico is the main country of production and consumption of prickly pear and the most consumed is the variety called “queen” or “white pulp”.
It is a very refreshing fruit, either to eat alone or in a rich tuna water. For the latter, the recipe is very easy to make and the best of all is that you can add an additional ingredient of your choice, such as lemon or even chia, to enhance its flavor. Likewise, the lemon favors digestion, so that the prickly pear water with lemon is perfect to maintain the line. Keep reading and learn how to make prickly pear water.
Very low difficulty
Ingredients to make Agua de tuna:
How to make Agua de tuna:
It is very easy and fast to prepare a succulent prickly pear water. To do this, as a first step, remove the peel from the prickly pear making two cuts on the edges, then a cross cut and peeling the fruit being very careful not to hurt yourself with the thorns.
When you have all the peeled tunas, cut them into medium pieces to facilitate blending.
Place the pieces of prickly pear in the blenderAdd the sugar, the juice of two lemons and a pint of water. Blend for a few minutes.
Trick: the lemon is optional, you can also add cucumber, some other fruit or seed like chia. You can also substitute sugar for a sweetener.
Pass the mixture through a strainer to remove the seeds from the prickly pear. Add the remaining liter of water and mix.
You already have ready prickly pear water with lemon, now just add a little ice to taste and enjoy this refreshing drink. You can also add some mint leaves if you want to add an even more refreshing touch.
If you liked the recipe for Prickly pear water, we suggest you enter our category of Juices and juices. You can also visit a selection of the best Mexican recipes.
What is prickly pear water for: benefits
As we have already mentioned, there are several types of prickly pears: red, yellow and green. All can be consumed whole, in juices or in the preparation of a dish. Among the benefits of consuming prickly pear are:
- High content of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B.
- It is a powerful antioxidant, due to its high content of betalain, a pigment that helps prevent cancer.
- Lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Discover more good drinks to lower cholesterol here: “Juices to lower cholesterol”.
- It has an antacid effect, so that it helps the discomforts caused by gastric ulcers.
- It is a very fruit Low in calories, one piece can provide approximately 41 calories.
- It prevents cardiovascular diseases due to its content of an alkaloid called canteen, which reduces heart problems.
- Reduces constipation problems.
- Improves circulation and regulates digestion.
Vitos the benefits of the prickly pear, what is the water of prickly pear with lemon for?
- Helps fight the action of free radicals thanks to its antioxidant effect. Therefore, it is advisable to take it in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Promotes weight loss thanks to its digestive and cleansing properties. Of course, to take prickly pear water to lose weight it is important to eliminate sugar and use a sweetener or nothing.
- It provides a lot of energy thanks to its nutrients, which is why taking it to start the day is so recommended.
Other beneficial drinks for the body are: