The kidneys perform vital functions for the body: they purify the blood, filter excess sodium and water, produce hormones, etc. Despite all this, many times we don’t take care of them like we should. For this reason, if you feel fatigue, constant bad mood, excessive thirst, lower back pain, swollen belly, very dark urine, you visit the bathroom a lot during the night, among other symptoms, perhaps it is because your kidneys are sending you warning messages about your health. Likewise, among the people most likely to develop kidney disease are those who suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems or a family history of kidney failure.
If you manifest some of the symptoms that we have mentioned or you are within the risk groups, it is best to consult your doctor. In the meantime, you can take the following preventive measures to take care of your kidneys: choose healthy foods, engage in daily physical activity, maintain your ideal weight, get enough sleep, stop smoking, limit your alcohol intake, perform activities that reduce stress, and be special Take care of your health if you suffer from diabetes, high blood pressure or heart disease. Focusing on the food part, in Free Recipes we recommend that you lower the salt to reduce sodium (replace it with spices and herbs), increase the intake of fresh food, eliminate unhealthy food, regulate the amount and type of protein you consume, whatever you prefer. healthy fats, eat less phosphorus, eat enough potassium (not too much, not too little) and, finally, complement all these tips with our top of 10 juices to cleanse the kidneys naturally.
Watermelon and lemon juice
You can consume it even with meals, but if you want to enhance its diuretic power, take it on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before eating, for a month, three times a week. This juice is super easy to prepare, refreshing, delicious, and you only need two ingredients. But why is it so good for the kidneys?
On the one hand, watermelon contains 90% water, minerals such as potassium and many antioxidants. All these compounds together make it a fruit with great diuretic power. As if that were not enough, it has almost no waste, since its seeds also serve to cleanse the kidneys and alleviate diseases such as kidney stones and fluid retention. However, for those who suffer from kidney failure, it is recommended to consult with your doctor before consuming watermelon, as this way they will know the exact dose they can use, otherwise, if they exceed potassium levels, it could cause kidney and heart problems.
On the other hand, lemon increases urinary citrate, a substance that helps prevent the formation of stone in the kidneys, both oxalate and calcium phosphate. Having said all of the above, we are going to prepare this magnificent juice to detoxify the kidneys by following the following easy steps:
- 2 cups of watermelon cut into cubes (300 g)
- 1 lemon (the juice)
- Cut the watermelon into cubes and squeeze the lemon. Reserve both.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender. Mix until you get a liquid of an even consistency. Straining it is optional.
Makes 2 servings.
Advice: Consume all the juices on this list, always freshly prepared.
Carrot, celery and apple juice
This juice to cleanse the kidneys can consume it on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before taking the first meal of the day, for a month. Carrot, apple and celery provide important benefits to maintain kidney health, both together and separately:
- Carrot: detoxifies, reduces inflammation and takes care of the kidneys thanks to its high content of potassium and antioxidants.
- Apple: It contains pectin, a substance that reduces the factors that cause kidney damage and also maintains balanced cholesterol and blood sugar levels (factors that indirectly also damage the kidneys). Therefore, it is also a common ingredient in juices to lower cholesterol.
- Celery: Helps relieve fluid retention, as it works as a diuretic, especially in the framework of high protein diets. On the other hand, it regulates intestinal transit thanks to the fiber it has, thus promoting the detoxification of the body and reducing work to the kidneys. In addition, it works as an analgesic and digestive, among other things.
Preparing this detoxifying drink is very simple, you just need to follow the following easy steps:
- 1 apple
- 1 celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 glass of water
- Wash the vegetables very well. If you want to choose the best method, we recommend you review our article on how to disinfect vegetables.
- Blend all the ingredients. Leave the carrot and apple skin on, as well as the celery leaves. Of course, remove the seeds and the piece of the apple.
Makes 1 serving and is an excellent juice to cleanse the kidneys and liver due to the aforementioned properties.
Advice: prefers mineral water over other drinks.
Cucumber, pineapple and celery juice
Do you want a super cleanser and at the same time a very refreshing drink? Well, then you need to try this pineapple juice to cleanse the kidneys, which has the following benefits for these organs due to the different ingredients that make it up:
- Cucumber: it contains 95% water, which is why it is considered an excellent ally for kidney and urinary health, as it helps to eliminate retained fluids in the body.
- Pineapple: It also works as a diuretic, it also fights infections (thanks to its enzymes and vitamin C) and reduces the risk of kidney stones. As if that were not enough, it stimulates digestion, especially when consuming red meat, thanks to its bromelain enzyme.
- Celery: completes this set and reinforces it by providing its analgesic properties and avoiding fluid retention.
Take this cleansing shake before breakfast, three times per week, for a month. Preparing it has no complications if you follow the following easy steps:
- 1 slice of pineapple
- 3 sticks of celery
- ½ cucumber
- ½ glass of water
- Wash, peel and slice fruits and vegetables. Do not forget to remove the heart from the pineapple and remove the leaves from the celery.
- Blend all the ingredients in the blender. Do it for 2 minutes.
- Eat it freshly prepared.
Makes 1 serving. In this video we show you how to peel and cut a pineapple:
Advice: Cut down on meat and eat more flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, or nuts (especially almonds).
Raspberry, orange and apple juice
This tasty juice helps in kidney regeneration. For this, it is advisable to take it on an empty stomach, 30 minutes before breakfast, for one week. If we review the contributions of each of its ingredients, we will obtain:
- Raspberries: they contain minerals such as magnesium and potassium, responsible for maintaining the body’s water balance. Consequently, they avoid cystitis, kidney stones, body fatigue, cramps and tachycardia, among other discomforts. In addition, these berries provide flavonoids, antioxidants responsible for keeping free radicals at bay and preventing many degenerative diseases.
- Oranges– Citrate levels increase in the urine and this reduces the crystallization levels of uric acid and calcium oxalate, the most common components of kidney stones. Therefore, this is a perfect food to make juices for the kidneys and urinary tract.
- Apple: Pectin helps to reduce risk factors for kidney damage and keeps cholesterol and blood sugar levels balanced (factors that indirectly also damage the kidneys).
Well now that you know everything that this juice can do for you, get down to work and prepare it by following this simple step by step:
- 20 raspberries (natural not frozen)
- 1 apple
- 3 oranges
- 1 pinch of water
- Wash the fruits very well.
- Chop the apple. Before, remove the heart (trunk) and the seeds.
- Squeeze the orange. Do it over a strainer to prevent seeds or segments from falling.
- Incorporate all the ingredients in the blender. Process for 2-3 minutes or until a smooth, lump-free liquid is obtained.
Makes 2 glasses.
Advice: These juices not only support the kidneys, but also work for other organs such as the liver.
Celery and cucumber juice
This one of the most popular green juices to cleanse the kidneys. However, this drink not only works as a diuretic, but also as a slimming thanks to the properties of its ingredients. Drink this juice to cleanse the kidneys before breakfast or in the afternoons for two weeks and rest one. If you want to prepare this recipe, follow the next step by step:
- ½ cucumber
- 2 sticks of celery
- ½ glass of lemon juice
- ½ glass of water
- Wash and disinfect ingredientss.
- Put everything in the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve freshly prepared. Do not strain the preparation.
Makes 2 servings.
Advice: If you suffer from any illness, consult your doctor before changing your diet.
Cucumber, celery, pear and green apple juice
This drink can be defined as a true detoxifying cocktail for the body, but especially for the kidneys. It could not be otherwise, since its 6 components have plenty of purifying properties that you can review below:
- Apple: It is among the lowest sodium foods, since each 100 g only contains 1.20 mg. As if that were not enough, flavonoids and pectin fight free radicals that are deposited in organs such as the kidneys and liver, thus facilitating the work of blood purification. Finally, its up to 80% liquids make it an excellent moisturizer and diuretic.
- Ginger: it is a root that provides various bioactive compounds (including gingerol), responsible for analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiemetic and digestive actions. Many of these properties help fight kidney stones, so this is an excellent juice to eliminate kidney stones.
- Pear: its low sodium content, high potassium level and high arbutin levels endow this fruit with great diuretic power. However, due to its high potassium content, its consumption should be limited in people suffering from kidney failure or other problems that limit the use of this mineral.
- Dates: they contain potassium, very important for draining fluids in the body, and antioxidants that protect …