The scariest night of the year is coming! This is the perfect excuse to get down to business and make some at home. delicious and terrifying recipes for Halloween with which to surprise your guests. From delicious starters to nibble on, to the most delicious sweets decorated for the occasion.
The Anglo-Saxon holiday of Halloween is increasingly present in the culture of the whole world. Decorating the house with sinister motifs, dressing up as a family to go out to ask for sweets, and making original recipes to take a spooky bite by organizing a party at home with friends are some of the typical activities with which spend a fun and unique night. For this last plan, we propose you some easy recipes for Halloween for children that you will love.
Halloween recipes for kids
If there are some little people who enjoy the celebration of Halloween every year, it is undoubtedly children. The smallest of the house have a great time on Halloween, dressing up, taking trinkets, and making delicious recipes with a sinister aspect.
Decorated in the shape of ghosts, spiders, mummies, witches, bats, and filled with edible blood made with tomato sauce or ketchup, these homemade snacks are a healthier alternative to typical Halloween treats.
Take the opportunity to spend an afternoon with the family making these recipes for Halloween with your children, to enjoy after a scary snack with the most terrifying sweet and savory dishes. Let’s go there!
Terrifying fingers with ajonesa
If you want to surprise with a simple and scariest appetizer, try this quick and easy recipe for Halloween. We suggest you prepare some Frankfurt sausage fingers that you can have ready in just 15 minutes.
To give these sausage fingers a unique point and make them more realistic, we are going to accompany them with an irresistible Choví garlic sauce, a garlic mayonnaise that will turn your horror snack into a hit with your friends.
- 4 frankfurters
- Ketchup sauce
- Hot dog buns
- Cook the sausages. You can do it in the traditional way, that is, by boiling them in water for 5 or 7 minutes, or passing them through the pan until they are golden brown.
- While the sausages are cooking, open the buns by cutting them in half. In case you prefer not to use the bread, you can serve the sausage fingers on the plate.
- When the sausages are done, prepare the fingers. To do this, cut them to the size of a human finger and make small horizontal lines with the help of a knife without the cut being too deep (two pairs of lines per finger will be enough).
- Now, simulate the nails by making a fine nail-shaped cut and carefully peeling off the skin of the sausage. This will make it much more realistic! Add the ajonesa on the nail, you will make them more attractive and tasty.
- Finally, put your fingers in the buns or the plate and decorate their base with a little ketchup to simulate blood.
- Do not forget to add the delicious ajonesa on the nail, at the base or in a separate bowl to be able to dip your sausage fingers. Irresistible and terrifying!
Another of the Easy Savory Halloween Recipes It is this simple preparation that everyone will love: some delicious stuffed eggs for children with olives in the shape of a spider. They give chills to think about it, right? If you already know how to make deviled eggs, this preparation will seem very easy.
- 2 eggs per person
- 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise or garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Pitted black olives
- Salt and pepper
- To start this Halloween meal, place the eggs to be cooked in a pot of water. They should boil for 10 minutes.
- After this time, remove them from the water and let them cool down to room temperature. You can pass them through cold water to cut the cooking. Once they are warm, carefully peel them off.
- Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk, leaving the hole in the egg free.
- Mix the yolks with the mayonnaise or garlic. If you like tuna, you can also add it to this mix. Once the ingredients are well mixed, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the eggs with the mixture and top them with the spider olives. To do this, cut an olive in half to achieve the body and with the other half make thin strips to create the legs.
- Ready! You have your terrifying spider eggs ready to serve and taste. An aperitif for the ideal Halloween night.
Ready! You have your terrifying spider eggs ready to serve and taste. An aperitif for the ideal Halloween night.
To finish, we suggest you put the sweet note in this list of easy Halloween recipes for kids. We talk about Oreo lollipops with terrifying motifs. Do you like the idea? So, take note and go ahead and prepare it with the little ones in the house, they will love to decorate them!
- 1 package of Oreo cookies
- 1 bowl of chocolate shavings
- Candy eyes
- Black, orange and red fondant, or the Halloween colors of your choice.
- Open the Oreo cookies in half, being careful not to break them, and place a toothpick through the back to achieve the lollipop. To make the toothpick stick, add a little fondant and cream.
- Reattach the other half of the cookie.
- Now, place the caramel eyes on the cookies. To make it more terrifying, make some cookies with 3 eyes, others with only 1 and others with 2… To your liking! So that the eyes stick together properly, moisten them a little beforehand.
- Give the cookie some heat and put it in the bowl with the chocolate shavings. So you will get a werewolf lollipop.
- Another option is to line the cookie with orange fondant, for example, and make the eyes and mouth in black fondant … Devilish pumpkin style!
- How about making a vampire tooth lollipop? For this you will only need to make the mouth and fangs with fondant.
The options for preparing these simple spooky lollipops are multiple. With imagination, originality and enthusiasm, you will have some of the most terrifying and delicious Oreo lollipops to enjoy on Halloween night. Which one do you stay with among our easy recipes for Halloween dinner?
How to decorate the table for Halloween
As important as making a beautiful plating of these recipes for Halloween is to decorate the table on which they will be presented. Combined with the right tablecloth, plates and cutlery, the look will be even scarier.
For the decoration of the Halloween table, black and orange are the colors par excellence. Choose a simple tablecloth and add the details that you like the most, such as an artificial spider web that covers the entire table, or an original centerpiece with terrifying motifs. Don’t forget to put some pumpkins, candles, chandeliers, or some handmade decoration with cellophane and tissue paper.
Set up a buffet-style table for guests to serve themselves, or a formal table where each diner has their place to sit, marked with a small sign with his name. Place napkins, plates, glasses and cutlery to serve, within the same theme.
Set up a party table with the perfect Halloween decoration, and there will be no lack of detail for your guests to feel inside a horror movie, enjoying some terrifying delicacies full of flavor.
And you, what recipes for Halloween are you going to make this year to surprise your loved ones? If you are wanting more ideas, do not hesitate to visit our article 15 homemade, easy and original Halloween desserts.
If you liked the article 3 easy recipes for Halloween, we suggest you enter our Nutrition and health category.