Children’s Day is celebrated on different dates in each country, however, the UN celebrates it on November 20 of each year with the name of Universal Children’s Day. Therefore, in most countries this is the official day. Although each day should be special so that our children know how much we love them, we can always celebrate this day and offer them an even more unique meal.
Entertaining the little ones in their day is not complicated, but it takes planning if you really want to surprise them. Therefore, during that day we need to focus our attention on food and entertainment. If you already know what they like, you have a large part of the way gained, but if not, at RecetaGratis we help you plan what children usually like the most: dessert. Thus, we share our top of the best desserts for Children’s Day, A menu full of color and creativity! Keep in mind that these recipes are very easy and fast, therefore they are perfect to prepare with them during that day and offer them not only a delicious sweet, but also a fun time together.
Oreo and chocolate popcorn
If you want to enjoy a movie marathon with your children, you can’t miss the popcorn! But since it is a very special day, we will make them sweet! Although there are many such recipes, we share a typical preparation gourmet with some of the flavors that kids like the most: Oreo cookies and white chocolate. Imagine the crunchy but smooth texture of popcorn, dipped in biscuit and chocolate, and even adults won’t be able to resist!
Preparing them is not complicated and everything is summarized in the following simple steps that we leave you below:
- Heat a saucepan and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Then wait until you get the oil to heat well, but without letting it smoke.
- Add 1 cup of popcorn and cover the saucepan. The corn seeds should be in a single layer, not clumped together.
- Remove the saucepan after hearing the latest pops. Pour the popcorn into a bowl and try to remove any kernels that have not popped.
- Add 200 grams of melted white chocolate and mix. Then add the 7 crushed cookies and mix again.
Discover all the details in the Oreo Popcorn Recipe. Makes 2 servings.
Maria cookie ice cream sandwich
Children love ice cream and cookies, so combining these ingredients in a recipe is undoubtedly a success when it comes to desserts for Children’s Day. This is an easy recipe that needs only 3 ingredients and you can make it together with your children by following the simple steps that we indicate below:
- Place a Maria cookie on your work surface and top with a cookie cutter (or cookie sheet) the same size as the cookie.
- Add 2 large tablespoons of vanilla ice cream to the mold or any other flavor. Level them with a spoon, but do it quickly so that the ice cream does not melt.
- Remove the mold carefully and place another cookie on top. Match the sides with the same spoon.
- Reserve the sandwiches in the freezer until the moment of serving them. When you are going to serve them, decorate the sides with colored shavings or chocolate, jelly beans, fresh fruit cut into very small pieces, etc.
See the step by step in the Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe.
Nutella cake pop
The cake pop is a cake poked on a stick whose appearance reminds us of lollipop. This ingenious treat, similar to truffles and brigadeiros, is made with the same ingredients as a cake, but the result is concentrated in one bite. However, cakes pops are more than just a sweet snack, as their preparation awakens creativity and manual dexterity. So, go ahead and prepare them with the little ones by following this easy step by step:
- Mix 1 cup of crumbled sponge cake with Nutella. The amount of Nutella will be the necessary to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Form balls that look the same size and leave them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt 20 grams of pastry chocolate in the microwave. Once the refrigeration time has passed, spread the tips of 10 skewers or toothpicks and prick the cakes pops. Then wait until they cool.
- Decorate the balls to your liking. You can top them with melted black, white, or white chocolate with food coloring. You can also add colored shavings and all kinds of goodies.
Another dessert idea for Children’s Day that the little ones are sure to love is this one we share in this video: Mickey Mouse cake pops.
Cupcakes for kids
Not sure whether to prepare a cupcake or ice cream as a dessert for Children’s Day? Then better surprise your children with an original and delicious creation: ice cream cupcakes. To make this recipe you have two alternatives: buy simple muffins to fill with ice cream or prepare the cupcakes from scratch. If you decide on the second, check out this Recipe cold cukcakes with ice cream. On the contrary, if you prefer the easier option, then follow these steps:
- Before starting, remove about 600 grams of ice cream out of the freezer for a creamier texture. You can use vanilla ice cream, dulce de leche ice cream …, the one that your children like the most!
- Remove the paper caps from 12 muffins and cut them in two to be able to fill them. Leave the base 1-2 cm thick and reserve the top to prepare, for example, the previous cake pops because you will not need it for this recipe.
- Place new paper capsules in a cupcake pan. Arrange a cupcake base at the bottom of each capsule.
- Just fill each mold with the ice cream of your choice.
- Freeze for 3 hours or overnight. Once the freezing time has elapsed, take out the frozen cupcakes, carefully remove the paper capsules, put them back on the tray and freeze them again until serving time.
- Decorate to taste. When serving the ice cream cupcakes, top with whipped cream or frosting with a piping bag. Then sprinkle with colored sprinkles, cookie pieces, or whatever you like.
Other cupcakes for children are these:
Advice: Cover the mold with plastic wrap, every time you freeze them.
Fruits with chocolate are always a good idea, especially if you want children to eat more fruit. So give them this fun and tasty dessert to celebrate Children’s Day, as it provides them with double entertainment: eating it and preparing it. That said, all you have to do is put your apron on with the little ones and make this delicious recipe following just 4 easy steps:
- Peel and cut 2 bananas in half. Prick each half with a skewer or long toothpick.
- Place the bananas on aluminum foil. Then put them in the freezer.
- Melt 1 bar of chocolate to melt in a water bath. You can also melt it in the microwave, but at short intervals so as not to burn the chocolate.
- Dip the bananas in the chocolate. Once completely covered, garnish with colored shavings or other goodies. Refrigerate again.
For more details, don’t miss this video:
Popsicles are always among the favorites on the lists of the best desserts for Children’s Day, as the little ones adore them. Reasons are not lacking, as these ice creams are refreshing, tasty, colorful, easy to make and sometimes healthier than other desserts. On this occasion we suggest you prepare some mango and coconut milk popsicles to make them healthier, but you could use any other fruit without problem. Check the step by step:
- Peel 5 ripe mangoes and mash the pulp. Once processed, pour it into a bowl, add 1 cup of sugar and mix it all very well. You can reduce the amount of sugar, eliminate it or replace it with a sweetener.
- Stir in 3 cups coconut milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence. Integrate all the ingredients very well.
- Pour the previous mixture into 20 individual popsicle molds. Keep them for 4 hours in the freezer or until they are frozen. If you don’t have molds, you can improvise with some disposable cups and some wooden sticks.
- When serving them, unmold them. To do this, immerse the molds in warm water for 10 seconds and you will see that they come out without problem.
Learn all the details in the Mango Popsicle Recipe. Other paddles for kids are:
The lollipop is a traditional treat that children always like, but what if you use that presentation to captivate the child’s palate with fresh fruit? Well, in this video we show you how to make lollipops with assorted fruits to offer a healthy, nutritious and fun dessert.
We anticipate what materials and ingredients you will need to make these desserts for Children’s Day: heart-shaped molds, wooden or colored toothpicks, pineapple, watermelon and grapes, although the fruits may vary.
Fruit smoothies for kids
Fruit smoothies are a classic that never fails because they always get the attention of the little ones, either because of their colors or their flavors. If you add them to your list of desserts for Children’s Day, they are sure to be a success and the little ones will want to have them for the rest of the year. In addition, preparing them has no secret and you can make them with different fruits. Here is a recipe for a strawberry milkshake and vanilla ice cream:
- Wash and disinfect 6 strawberries. If you want to make sure of the technique or are looking for other alternatives, check How to disinfect strawberries.
- Chop part of the strawberries. Use three and reserve the rest whole, as we want very fresh strawberries to decorate.
- Blend the strawberries with 1 glass of vanilla ice cream and 20 ml of milk until a smooth and creamy drink is obtained.
- Serve the shake. Cut the reserved strawberries into cubes and decorate.
Since we are looking for a dessert for Children’s Day, decorate the shake with whipped cream or whipped cream and sprinkle with colored shavings.
Other ideal shakes to serve as a dessert are the following:
Also, don’t miss this video to make two-color smoothies, perfect for kids too!
Cookies for Children’s Day
Children love cookies and sometimes they eat them both for breakfast and for snacks and for dessert. Therefore, we could not overlook in this list of desserts for Children’s Day the chocolate chip cookies that we share in this video. However, these are not the only cookies for the Day of …