The cream cheese It is a very rich and versatile spread, it can be used both for sweet recipes and for savory dishes. The best of this homemade cream cheese recipe What we bring you in Free Recipes is that it is very easy and needs few ingredients, but you must be patient, since it needs 24 to 72 hours of rest. However, the process is simple and with the measures that we are going to give you, you can do 180 grams approximately.
East homemade cream cheese It is made only with salt and natural yogurt, avoid using sweetened yogurts because it affects the flavor of the cream cheese, do not use whipped yogurt because it can affect the consistency. It is best to use plain or Greek yogurt; salt can be sea or table salt. We also recommend using a special cotton cloth to make cheeses and vegetable milks. Once you have everything, you just have to keep reading to discover how to make homemade cream cheese with yogurt.
Very low difficulty
Ingredients to make homemade cream cheese:
How to make homemade cream cheese:
Pour all yogurt in a recipient.
Add the salt to yogurt.
Mix very well so that the salt is integrated with all the yogurt.
On top of a colander spread cheesecloth or a cotton cloth and pour the yogurt on top. Leave the strainer on top of a bowl to let the liquid drain out.
Close the ends of the fabric and turn them a little so that it does not open. Reserve for at least 24 hours outdoors if it is cool or refrigerated if it is summer.
Get rid of the liquid that fell from the cheese.
Store the cream cheese in a glass jar, preferably with a lid so that it does not dry out. And ready! Enjoy this amazing and easy homemade cream cheese.
If you liked the recipe for Homemade cream cheese, we suggest you enter our Cheese Recipes category.
How to make homemade cream cheese with milk
This cream cheese is very easy to make and the best thing is that you can use it in other recipes or to eat with a rich toast or crackers. If you don’t have yogurt and on the contrary, you have milk, you can also make a delicious homemade cream cheese with milk. You will only need lemon or white vinegar and salt:
- In a saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat until it starts to bubble.
- Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the milk little by little while stirring constantly. The milk will start to cut, don’t worry, it’s what we need.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool slightly. Place the cotton cloth on top of a strainer and carefully pour in the cut milk, let it drain for about 20 minutes.
- Pour the drained cheese into a food processor and add salt to taste. If you see that it is too thick, add a little of the drained liquid until it reaches the consistency you want.
- Store the finished cream cheese in an airtight glass jar in the fridge, you can keep it for up to 10 days. This cream cheese can also be used in both sweet and savory dishes.
Once you have your cream cheese ready, you can use it to prepare delicious cream cheese recipes What: