The vinaigrette is a emulsified sauce whose formula is summarized in: an acidic liquid ingredient (vinegar, lemon and even other citrus fruits), a fatty ingredient (oil, sour cream, mayonnaise or yogurt) with one or more seasoning ingredients (salt, spices and / or aromatic herbs) . Its preparation is very simple, but it does not dispense with tricks and details that are key to obtaining a good result.
Vinaigrettes have many uses at the table, they are used to dress and accompany various foods such as meat, fish, seafood, vegetables, cheeses, etc. When it comes to salads, many experts believe that 40% (even more) of their success depends on these dressings. In fact, in haute cuisine, sauces are not improvised, they have a whole process that involves research, ingenuity, physical and mental work, plus experimentation (rehearsals). However, since creating new sauces for salads is not so easy, the classics are always the favorites of the great chefs and most of the foodies. This is how this article arises in RecetaGratis, thinking of providing you with an essential repertoire of the best recipes vinaigrettes and sauces for salads that can serve you for any occasion. Definitely, from now on, eating salads will be unforgettable!
Lemon basil vinaigrette
This vinaigrette is very versatile, as it is used to dress both salads and other foods. So if you overcook it, it sure won’t go to waste. Plus, making this salad vinaigrette is as simple as following these easy steps:
- Pour into a sterilized glass jar 175 ml olive oil, 75 ml lemon juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- Cover the jar and shake vigorously. Do it until the ingredients are fully integrated.
- Add 2 tsp mustard, 1 finely chopped garlic, 12 finely chopped basil leaves and 1 pinch of salt. If you add more basil, the flavor of the vinaigrette will be more intense.
- Close the jar, shake vigorously again, and ready to go!
Learn all the tricks here: “Step by Step Lemon Basil Vinaigrette Recipe”.
Advice: A good salad dressing requires good quality ingredients.
Sweet and sour salad dressing
If you are looking for salad vinaigrettes with honey, this will surprise you. Fresh leafy salads will be transformed into delicious culinary creations if you infuse them with this tropical vinaigrette. Try it on the quinoa salad or avocado and shrimp salad, You’ll love it! If you want to make this honey and passion fruit vinaigrette, take note of the following simple steps:
- Deposit in the blender 200 g of passion fruit pulp and ½ cup of water (125 ml). Blend for 2 minutes. Strain the juice and discard the seeds.
- Pour the juice into a small pan or casserole and when it starts to boil add 80 g of honey. Stir very well with a wooden spoon until the honey dissolves.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Let the liquid reduce a little until a slightly thick consistency is obtained.
- Once ready, remove it from the heat. Put the reduced juice in a bowl and let it cool down to room temperature.
- The juice is already cold, add 1 dash olive oil in the form of a thread. Shake vigorously, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix again, your tropical vinaigrette is ready!
The best measures to balance oil and vinegar in a vinaigrette according to experts are 1/3 vinegar, 2/3 oil or 3/4 parts oil 1 part vinegar. This trick can be used to make any salad dressing.
Advice: The passion fruit is also known as passion fruit or passion fruit.
Honey mustard salad vinaigrette
This mustard and honey combination lends itself to many uses. In principle, it looks great with green salads, although it also works very well in any type of meat or as a sauce for sandwiches. If you thought that preparing this vinaigrette for salads with mustard and honey is complicated, you will see that it does not follow this step by step:
- Mix 3 tbsp mustard with ½ tbsp vinegar. Beat until unified. You can use white or black vinegar.
- Incorporates ½ tbsp olive oil and mix very well.
- Add 1 tbsp honey and repeat the above procedure.
- Rectify the flavor. At this point, add more mustard or honey to your liking and stir well.
- Salt and pepper to taste and stir. Preferably, grind the black pepper on the spot. Ready to serve!
For more details, don’t miss this video.
Advice: The secret of a good vinaigrette is to integrate each ingredient well.
Light vinaigrette for salads
The avocado gives a lot of freshness to this vinaigrette, but you must consume it at the moment to avoid its oxidation. Add it to a quinoa salad or the traditional one Caprese salad. If you crave this delicious light salad vinaigrette, follow these steps:
- Peel and chop 2 avocados (preferably hass).
- Put them in a food processor with the juice of 2 lemons Y 1 dash of white vinegar. Blend well until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Incorporates 1 dash of olive oil (in the form of a thread) and a little water. Mix until you get a smooth and creamy paste.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Beat again, and taste!
You will find all the details in the Avocado Vinaigrette Recipe.
Advice: Some emulsifying ingredients for vinaigrettes are mustard, egg, white or black soybeans, honey, among others.
Another very refreshing salad dressing, with citrus notes that will give a masterful twist to your dishes and sandwiches. Preparing it has no complications if you follow each of the following steps:
- Squeeze 1 medium orange and ½ lemon. Strain, discard the seeds and reserve both juices together.
- Pour the combined juice into a sauce boat or in the container where you will keep the vinaigrette.
- Add 2 tbsp Dijon mustard and mix well. The type of mustard is optional, so use whichever you feel like best.
- Incorporates 1 pinch of pepper, 1 pinch of salt and ½ a dash of oil. You can also substitute black pepper and salt for a mix of assorted peppers. Beat until everything is unified and add this vinaigrette to your favorite salad.
Advice: Prepare the salad vinaigrettes in advance so the flavor is better concentrated.
Jamaica Flower Salad Dressing
Hibiscus flower as a garnish provides an exotic touch to food, both in taste and color. In addition, its versatile flavor allows you to combine it equally in green salads and meats (for example, duck breast). If you’ve already made up your mind and want this sauce on your table, follow these easy steps:
- Place the juice of 5 oranges, the juice of 2 lemons, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 1 cup of white vinegar and 6 hibiscus flowers.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture is reduced by half. This way, the Jamaica flower will blend with the rest of the ingredients.
- Strain the mixture. Discard the remains of the Jamaica flower.
- Let the preparation cool after removing it from the heat. Once cold add 1 tsp mustard and 1 pinch of garlic paste. Mix well until the ingredients are unified.
- Add 1-2 tsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Beat again, and serve.
The most used dressings for vinaigrettes are aromatic herbs, garlic, spices, nuts and seeds. Depending on the case, you can use them fresh, crushed, chopped, dehydrated or powdered.
Light ranch dressing
If you are looking for yogurt sauces for salads that, in turn, are healthy and easy to make, this recipe is what you need! This light sauce takes care of your figure and adds an exceptional touch to green salads, chicken salad, potato salad and pasta salad. Plus, it tastes great with sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, and patties. If you want to prepare it, take note of the following short steps:
- Pour 1 cup of Greek yogurt in a medium bowl with the juice of ½ lemon and ½ tsp garlic powder. Mix everything very well. You can use light Greek yogurt if you prefer or whatever yogurt you want, but without added sugar or flavors. In addition, you can substitute garlic powder for 1 finely minced garlic clove.
- Add the following ingredients: 1 tsp dill, 1 tbsp finely chopped chives, ½ tsp vinegar and 1 pinch of ground black pepper. Beat everything very well and serve. A great alternative for athletes and fitness people!
Instead of white vinegar, you can use cider vinegar, sherry, red wine, white wine, or raspberry. They also serve vinegars seasoned with aromatic herbs or garlic, as well as citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, grapefruit, etc.
See all the recipe details here: “Light Ranch Dressing”.
Basil Salad Dip
Basil sauce transforms simple meals into highly aromatic and delicious dishes. It gives a lot of play in the kitchen, in preparations such as mashed potatoes, rice, sandwiches, cooked vegetables and pasta salads, potatoes, caprese, etc. If you want to surprise everyone, use this dressing as an accompaniment to the Octopus salad, They will hallucinate! So, do you dare to prepare it? Well, follow the following easy steps:
- Deposit in the blender 1 bunch basil leaves already washed, 1 cup of white vinegar and the juice of 2 lemons. If you don’t have a blender or food processor, you can use a bowl and blend with hand whisk. If so, the basil leaves should be crushed previously in a mortar or very finely chopped.
- Add 40 g of pine nuts and 40 g of almonds. Beat very well until all the ingredients are integrated. If you don’t use a blender, grind the nuts very well using a mortar and pestle before adding them to the bowl.
- Incorporates 2 tsp smoked bell peppers (red peppers), 1 tsp garlic paste more 2 tbsp olive oil. Mix again until all the ingredients are fully integrated. Don’t forget to crush the bell peppers in the mortar or cut them very finely if you don’t have a food processor.
- Season the sauce seasoning to taste. In this case, we use sea salt and black pepper. Additionally, we add a little sugarThis reduces the natural acidity of the sauce. Mix everything one more time.
- Store the basil sauce in a sterilized glass jar. Keep it in the fridge, it will stay in good condition for 20 days or 1 month.
The acidity of the vinaigrettes is balanced with 1 pinch of sugar (sweeteners, syrups, honeys or other sugars) or some dehydrated or fresh fruit (figs, dates or plums).
Discover the detailed step by step in the Basil sauce Recipe.
This sauce is classic and …